The 27th International Congress of Vexillology (ICV27), organised by the Flag Institute for the International Federation of Vexillological Organisations (FIAV) will be held at Imperial College, Kensington, 7-11 August 2017 – and we very much hope that you can join us.
Organised in turn by a different FIAV member, the biennial ICV has travelled widely in the past fifty years – most recently to Stockholm (2003), Buenos Aires (2005), Berlin (2007), Yokohama (2009), Washington D.C. (2011), Rotterdam (2013) and Sydney (2015) – attracting vexillologists worldwide to meet, learn, debate and socialise in friendly, convivial surroundings.
Making only its fourth UK visit, and its first since 2001, ICV27 offers all FI members an unrivalled opportunity to renew old friendships, make new contacts and broaden their vexillological horizons.
REGISTER NOW AND SAVE!
Our early bird delegate rate (£225) now applies until 31 March 2017
– Our full delegate rate (£250) remains unchanged from ICV19, held in York in 2001
– Our companion rate (£75) includes a full programme of visits
– Our Wednesday full-day excursion to Greenwich is priced separately. It can be booked now, with lunch (£60) or without (£45).
– We are currently finalising details of our closing banquet. Further information regarding venue, cost and booking arrangements will appear on the ICV27 website. It will also be circulated by email.
– We strongly encourage all delegates to share their flag knowledge by presenting a paper. For further details please see our Call for Papers or email Programme Director Ian Sumner (quoting ICV27 in the subject line).
– Kensington offers a wide range of accommodation options – university hall, hostel and hotel – all within easy walking distance of our venue.
Our apologies if you have already registered for ICV27 or received this notification as a FIAV representative or previous ICV delegate.
We look forward to welcoming you to London in August.
Best wishes from your ICV27 Organising Team
Leigh, Ian, Graham & Maggie
Leigh Wetherall, Congress Secretary; Ian Sumner FFIAV FFI, Programme Director & Trustee Flag Institute; Graham Bartram FFI, Chief Vexillologist & Trustee Flag Institute; Maggie Sumner, Companion Programme Organiser